The wedding season is around the corner and whether it’s your wedding reception or your engagement, you are going to be the centre of attraction during the entire event with all the eyes & cameras set on you. It will be the biggest and most memorable day of your life and you would like to look like a million bucks. Both the bride and the groom’s trousseau for these events need to be special. Depending on the style and color of the trousseau, the jewelry, the makeup and the hairstyle of the couple need to be worked on. The bride and the groom’s hairdo is as important as their special attire for the wedding day and thus needs equal or rather more attention and time than the latter.
To look resplendent in your perfect hairdo on your wedding day, you need to take care of your hair and maintain them well for the “big day”. You need to follow a hair care regime for at least two months in advance. Visit a good salon and get a rejuvenating hair spa treatment done for that lustrous look on the final day. You need to get an oil massage done regularly to condition and nourish your hair to salvage them from any previous damage done by chemical treatments, hair styling products, regular blow drying etc. You could also get your hair colored and trimmed as per your liking and your wedding attire. For the enhanced effect and natural appearance, the hair coloring and trimming need to be done at least one or two weeks in advance, before the wedding day. Getting them done a few days prior might end up in a disaster with no time left for any rectification. To ensure that your hairstyle for a marriage reception looks perfect, you need to book an appointment with a hair salon of repute.
Your major dilemma of which hairstyle to go for, can be easily solved through the help of a professional hairstylist. You can get a down style, an updo style, a braid or curly locks. Curly, straight or wavy whatever may be the hair texture and whatever, maybe the hair length, there’s so much you can do with your hair!
Some Popular Hairstyles for Indian Brides
- Wedding Hairstyles for Long Hair are popular amongst Indian Brides, as most of them like to get married in traditional outfits. But these days the mindset of the girls are changing and they have started experimenting with their wedding dress and hairstyles. So now they carry a short hairstyle also with a lot of élan on their ‘lehngas’ and sarees. It looks quite glamorous and chic! The brides with short hair who want to get a better choice of hair styling done can get hair extensions put on their hair temporarily.
- Bridal Hairstyles for South Indian Weddings are dependent on the jewelry that the bride wears. Generally there is a lot of hair accessories involved like the maang tika, hair pieces like the jada billalu and flowers, etc. Therefore the ideal hairstyle for a south Indian bride would be a stylish fish braid or a stylish bun which can be embellished with beautiful flowers and jewels.
- For North Indian brides there are many more options such as a long down do with open hair full of volume and curls at the ends. The bride can wear a delicate ‘maang tika’ to complete the look or even pin up a large pretty flower by the shoulder on those flowing tresses.
- Hairstyle for Short Hair includes a blunt haircut or a pixie haircut that can be made to look glamorous along with the right accessories like a beautiful floral hair piece or a lace/ crystal headband or tiara matching the wedding dress.
- The Babette Hairstyle makes perfect sense for brides who have thick and long hair and want to wear a lot of jewellery. It’s a voluminous hairstyle and looks pretty elegant.
- The Classic Bun Hairstyle looks very elegant and can be adorned with flowers, maang tika, a centre hair piece or other pieces of hair jewellery. Use a ‘dupatta’ to cover the head made of net or transparent and delicate fabric, so that it doesn’t hamper the hairstyle and keeps it visible at the same time enhancing the bride’s beauty.
- A Messy Bun with some added curls as strands adds softness to the face. It looks stunning with minimum accessories and should be done when the bride is wearing a stylish and delicate attire made with sheer fabric and pastel color. It gives a dreamy, fairy tale kind of feel to the entire look.
Popular Hairstyles for Indian Grooms
The groom too has a lot of options to choose from for a suave look on the wedding day. Curly, straight, thick or wavy hair, there are several options available for men. These days a lot of grooms to be are experimenting with hair coloring techniques like highlighting and streaking for a stylish look which makes them stand out. A spiky look is refreshing whereas a tapering and long side burn look with a chin strap beard adds panache if the groom is wearing a western outfit for the reception. Just like the bride, the groom also needs to follow a hair care routine with nourishing products and treatments to cure the damage done to the hair from the sun, pollution., etc. A good spa treatment will help to treat and nourish the hair to a large extent. Grooms with receding hairline have an option of choosing a good ‘pagadi’ to match with their traditional wedding dress. Fortunately, there are such a wide variety of ‘pagadees’ available in the market to choose from.
Indian hairstyles are amazing and lend a lot of scope for imagination with a variety of colorful accessories available and found nowhere else in the world. A hairstyle wedding trial prior to the wedding reception is a good idea and gives you a chance for any improvement if required on the final day. So go for that perfect hairstyle which complements your wedding dress and makes you stand out in all your photographs.
Looking for World Class Salons near your place?? Click here.
For Venue Booking & Event Planning Services please visit VenueLook .
You may also like to read : Latest Catering Tips & Ideas.