Whether you are single and ready to mingle or already coupled with someone special, Valentine’s Day has a special place in everyone’s romantic life. Although the tradition has migrated to our country from the west, it has established itself firmly in the hearts of many a love-birds. It is often said that love does not recognize any boundaries of regions or religions. It is certainly true for the universal appeal of the V-day.
The Valentine’s Day which is celebrated on the 14th February every year, is a great excuse for the romantic souls of the world to throw an exciting and happening party. Social gatherings bring people closer to each other. A Valentine’s Day bash can be a wonderful way of bonding with other like-minded and like-hearted people and begin new relationships or strengthen the already existing ones.
Celebrating the Valentine’s Day Party
Hosting a happening Valentine’s Day party with your friends can be a fun and exciting experience. It is the best time to put all your craziest romantic ideas in action to dazzle the party. Following are a few tips to make it one of the most memorable parties of your life.
Invite Your Friends
Well you cannot celebrate your V-Day without your closest of friends, right? Then why not send fancy invitations to make them feel all the more excited for the event.
- Take some time to find some creative invitation ideas. Invitations in the shape of heart are quite popular. Cupid shapes, roses, etc. are impressive ideas too. Browse online event planning websites to get new and out-of-the-box ideas for your invitation.
- Make a list of all your friends who you would like to invite for the bash. This will also make sure that you won’t forget anyone who might then feel hurt. You don’t want to hurt any hearts on the V-day, right?
- Send invitations to all your dear friends at least a week prior to the party so that you know how many of them are going to hit the venue on the day. This will help you plan your event accordingly.
Decide on the Perfect Venue for the Party
Finding the right venue is important. A well-suited venue can add a lot of value and quality to your celebrations while an ill-chosen one can create many awkward situations right in the middle of the party.
- You can choose from many options including a small hotel, hall or a lounge. You can also host a party at your home with some creative organizing ability on your part.
- Make sure that you choose a venue that matches your life-style and budget. Don’t go for a showy venue that is beyond your financial comfort zone.
- Find out about the services offered by the venue providers and see if they match your requirements. Also check if the quality suits your expectations.
Find a Fantastic Theme
A theme based party is always a lot more fun than the one without. It is the theme that gives a party a unique character and purpose. Guests also feel more involvement in the happenings and feel more connected with each others.
- Decide on a theme that will go perfectly with your temperament and preferences. If you are a more gentle kind, don’t go for a wild theme that will make you uncomfortable. However don’t settle for a lack-luster theme either. Stretch your limits and imagination and come up with a theme that will create excitement and fun in the party.
- There are many popular themes to choose from. Make sure that all of the invitations, dressing, decorations, gifts, games, etc. are based on that particular theme. For example, couple’s may come dressed in the costumes of historical romantic couples like Romeo and Juliet, Heer and Ranjha, Laila and Majnoo, Salim and Anarkali, Antony and Cleopatra or other famous fictional pairs like Tarzan and Jane, Mickey and Minnie, Edward and Bella of Twilight, etc.
- Decorate the venue with soft and gentle romantic colors like the pink and violet. Don’t forget to add a lot of heart-shapes and roses in your decorations. Use a lot of heart-shaped balloons to float around the room.
Dressing for the Party
Dressing appropriately for any party is very important. It not only brings more fun to the party but also helps you blend with the mood of the event.
- If you are going to base your party on a specific theme, then your costume will obviously be dictated by the theme. Make sure to inform the guests about the theme and the costume so that they can have ample time to prepare themselves for the occasion.
- However, if your party is not meant to revolve around a theme, then there will be more freedom to choose a costume. Don’t impose too many restrictions about the dress-code. Let people choose their outfits and be their natural best for the party.
- Red and pink colors go very well with the romantic atmosphere of the Valentine’s Day.
Food for the Valentine’s Day Party
Finger food is great for the light-hearted V-day party. Heart-shaped cookies and cakes will also be a temptingly delicious food to savor on the day. Special Valentine’s Day candies are also a nice addition to the above. Share good food with your partner and friends with lots of love while you wish them a Happy Valentine’s Day.
Music and Dance for the V-day Party
No party is complete without entertainment and fun activities. Music and dance is an integral part of the V-day celebrations. Couples and singles enjoy a hearty dance on the day on a romantic musical background. It is not a time for loud thumping beats. A more subdued and gentle romantic music to have a neck-to-neck dance with your romantic partner is what everyone prefers on the V-day.
Games to Play on the Valentine’s Day Party
Games make a party come alive with excitement and action. Playing various games can add a lot of thrill and fun to the Valentine’s Day party. It is a great way to share some quality fun-time with your close friends. Some of the favorite games include Things I Love, Candy Quest, Chin Balance, etc.
Valentine’s Day is the celebration of the sentiment of romantic love. Make it a special and memorable day for you and your partner.