If you are not up for the same-old traditional wedding celebration, choosing a wedding theme is important!
1. Victorian wedding theme: For Americans and Europeans who’ve strong fascination for the Victorian era, Victorian weddings are an excellent choice. These weddings are mostly about sophisticated décor and elaborate dressing. Often an outdoor garden gathering in the morning, such weddings are still the most traditional and most romantic of all American weddings. The bride and the bridesmaids can dress up in corseted tops, full skirts, high collars and long sleeves. Alternatively, they can choose a contemporary corseted bodice on a strapless gown with wide-brimmed hats or short veils. The groom and his men can wear frock coats with gloves and leather boots to complete the look.
2. Color wedding theme: You need not stick to the traditional ‘white’ (Christian) or ‘red’ (Hindu) if you’re in a mood to do something different, and colorful. You can easily brighten up a wedding theme by choosing mutually blending colors for table top clothes, drapes, floral decorations, picture displays and dresses. Some wedding color schemes to choose from are: Pink+Lavender, Blue+White, Orange+Green, Purple+Blue, Cranberry+Bold Pink, Red+Orange, Orange+Brown, Yellow+Orange, Cream+Green and Black+White+Green.
3. Beach wedding theme: The tangy breeze and clean environment of a beach can almost instantaneously set the mood for a celebration at a beach wedding. It is important that you have enough time during the sunrise or sunset to carry on with all ceremonies and partying. Palm trees, hammocks, sand-castles, drums, sea-shells, shades and flip-flops with tropical beach hats are all such wonderful items to take beach-wedding inspiration from.
4. Hollywood wedding theme: Bright and shiny red lips, elaborate sizzling dressing, red carpet with sparkling décor and coiffed hair – that’s what a Hollywood wedding is all about! Click! click! click!
5. Fairytale wedding theme: Girls love to be treated as a princess or a cute doll. A fairytale wedding theme can add a whimsical vibe to the celebration. Girls love these stunningly beautiful weddings one hundred percent!
6. 1920s wedding theme: You can take all your guests back to the mesmerizing jazz age all over again by choosing a 1920s wedding theme. Make sure you style your menu, décor, dresses and invitation cards accordingly.
7. Country wedding theme: If bride and groom are cowgirl or cowboy at heart, a country wedding theme is just perfect. To create a unique country appearance, you can use cowboy hats, horse-backs, horse-shoes, barrels of hay etc. Your food menu should also have some unique features such as sweet tea, barbecue, baked beans etc.
8. 1950s wedding theme: The 1950s time is marked by cuffed jeans, pony tails, puddle skirts and leather slicked black hair! If you can include these (and some more) elements in your dressing, décor and food, it is quite easy to plan a 1950s wedding! Make sure you do create a 1950s dance floor with some musical hits of that time ready with the DJ.
9. Summer wedding theme: A beautiful and sunny weather is perfect for a wedding celebration and you can complement by choosing a summer wedding theme. Buy yourself a long-flowing sun dress with a hat. If the wedding is taking place at a beach, you can even go in sandals or barefoot! Make sure you provide sunglasses or shades to all your guests!
10. Disney themed wedding: Pick your favorite Disney character and have your gown patterned specifically according to this one character. The overall wedding décor of the wedding, including venue, cake and favors should also be done according to this character.
11. Gothic themed wedding: Compared to other themes, this is something new. An increasingly large number of young brides and grooms go for gothic themes now. To make everything picture-perfect, you need to pay attention to the design and all details. The wedding chapel needs to be transformed into a foggy graveyard with flickering candlelight. Eerie music plays while the hauntingly beautiful bride walks in a dark Victorian gown. The groom can emerge from a coffin like the Count Dracula and the haunting, dark-magic experience can be further enhanced with theatre-like effects.