November has already started and only six weeks are now left for Christmas! No need to scratch your head worrying about preparations, as here is a perfect Christmas checklist to make sure you are ready with your Christmas preparations on time!
SIX TO FIVE WEEKS BEFORE
- Start making a list of family and friends you have to send Christmas greetings to. Order Christmas cards or stop at least at one of the shops where you can find cute Christmas greetings to send to your loved ones.
- Get the gift wraps and all the ribbons and start planning what you are going to gift to your family and friends this Christmas.
- Make a budget according to your needs and try sticking to it this year. I know last year you tried hard but could not achieve, so be a little careful while you’re spending your cash.
- Search for an old calendar or you can even make one and place that in your living room. Delegate Christmas related tasks like Tree decorations, House decorations (entrance, chimney, table, different rooms, etc.), arranging food and beverages, Lighting, etc. to all the members of the family and ask everyone in the family to plan their tasks on the calendar.
FOUR WEEKS BEFORE
For Event Planning Trends
- Start finalizing/buying gifts for everyone and wrapping them for Christmas.
- If you are planning to gift handmade gifts to your loved ones then this is the right time to buy all the supplies and get started on a few.
- Do not forget to check all the Christmas decorations which you have kept safely from last year’s Christmas. If there is anything that you do not want to utilize, donate it so someone else can utilize it.
- Search and Order your decorations. Start decorating your wreaths to put on your front doors and then finish your outdoor decorations.
THREE WEEKS BEFORE
- Start cleaning your house as you wouldn’t like a messy house on Christmas Eve. Donate all the excess stuff that you haven’t used in the last 2 years.
- Pick up the list that you made six weeks before and start (e-)mailing your greeting cards to all your loved ones who will not be able to celebrate this Christmas with you and tell them how much you miss them.
- Do not forget to watch Christmas related movies for inspiration and recollect if you have missed out something from your decorations.
- Do check your gift list and finish buying / making whatever is left.
TWO WEEKS BEFORE
- Plan your menu list for Christmas Eve and start cleaning your refrigerators. There is nothing worse than bringing stuff for Christmas and finding no space to store it.
- Plan an outing – a walk or a drive to watch the decorations in malls, neighboring houses and get inspired by the lighting around you, as this is going to be very helpful for your further decorations.
- Buy your Christmas dresses.
- And yes now it is time when Christmas cake also needs to be prepared. Excited?
ONE WEEK BEFORE
YAY! There are only SEVEN (7) sleeps until Santa arrives.
- Time has arrived when you need to complete all your decorations – Christmas tree, a proper crib for Baby Jesus, Wreaths with all the pretty and cute hollies.
- Decorate the centre table with a centrepiece
- Make sure there are name tags on before hanging Christmas stockings.
- Start volunteering in the Christmas carols as the time has arrived to spread cheer, smile, and sing.
We hope this blog helps you with all the arrangements and preparations for the upcoming Christmas eve! Wishing you all in advance a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
For A-Z of your event planning requirements, contact us at Venuelook.com
You May Also Like:
- How to celebrate Christmas – a few ideas!
- Christmas Party Etiquette FAQs
- 15 Good Christmas Decoration Items to Buy in 2019!
- Gifts to Surprise Your Loved Ones this Christmas!
- Christmas Party Decoration Ideas
- Ideas To Organize A Corporate Christmas Party
- Best Dinner Party Games For Your Christmas Dinner
- Top 10 New Year Party Themes
Have you sent out invitations for your upcoming event? If not, save paper and send free online invitations now.
Looking for a Christmas party venue? Browse and book best-suited party venues from VenueLook.com