‘Kitty Parties’ – Sounds dated? No way! While the traditional kitty parties our mothers used to have also continued to be organized in various cities and societies, there are the new, hep-kinda kitty parties too that have evolved from the traditional ones. There are family kitty parties, couple kitty parties, theme-based kitty parties, potluck kitty parties, movie kitty parties, picnic kitty parties, shopping kitty parties, spa kitty parties.. phew! to name a few. You get the idea!
The basic idea remains the same – every member contributes a specific amount at every kitty party, which mostly happens once every month. This collection, also known as ‘kitty‘ is handed over to one member of the group every month (the name is usually drawn from a set of chits). Each member gets the kitty and the responsibility to throw the kitty party once during the cycle of the complete kitty. Once the cycle is complete, members have the option to continue, exit and add newer members.
For Event Planning Trends
Unlike chit funds (the primitive version of the kitty), kitty parties are still popular among women. Women and sometimes families, look for a way to escape their usual routine through these parties and want them to be more fun than a usual social gathering. Kitty parties these days are held not just to chit-chat, but to provide an experience that can be cherished by all. Other than gossips, good food, and entertainment, kitty parties sometimes also provide a platform to the members to discuss their problems and help each other find solutions.
Trending for some years now is the theme-based kitty parties. Theme-based kitty parties surpass non-themed based kitty parties in creating an experience. Theme Kitty parties provide us with a chance to try something new and innovative; to make our party stand out from the usual; something everyone looks forward to! Flaunting special apparel, following a special dress code, putting on theme-based jewelry, having a unique décor for your room along with fun activities are some of the ingredients of a theme-based party.
Theme-based Kitty Parties
To cater to the growing demand of theme parties, event organizers have added kitty parties to their brochures and offer to deliver striking themes. Some evergreen themes for kitty parties are –
- 60s / 70s / 80s / 90s Theme Party
- Masquerade Ball Themed Dance Party
- Casino / Game Night
- Bollywood / Hollywood Glamorous Theme Party
- Truth or Dare Party
- Mardi Grass Themed Party
- Karaoke Party
- Cinco De Mayo Themed Party
- Campfire / Barbecue Party
- Hawaiian Themed Party
- Festival-based Theme Party
Generally speaking, you can create a custom theme for your kitty party by planning the following elements around the theme –
Dress Code: It is the kind of apparel or dress you want everyone to wear at your party. It could be based on colors – one color or combination of two colors (Red and White for Christmas theme). Attires could be inspired by Bollywood/Hollywood characters, Cartoon characters, Pirates, etc.
2. Room Décor: It is essential for every host to be careful when planning the room décor as per the theme. Each piece such as the cushion covers, tablecloths, crockery, and curtains should complement your theme. For a casino kind of theme, consider using red and black checkered table cloths, 2-3 big cube boxes painted as dices in a corner stacked on each other, big decorative playing cards made using paper art, etc.
3. Entertainment: It is entertainment that brings excitement to any party. Consider games like antakshari, dumb charades, dance competitions, drinking games, etc. as per the theme.
4. Food and Drinks: A party is incomplete without delicious food and drinks. Plan the complete menu from drinks, starters, main course to desserts as per the theme. Tapori themed parties serve Indian street food while Pina Coladas are common in Hawaiian themed parties.
You May Also Like:
- 7 Dress Code Ideas For Your Upcoming Kitty Party
- 10 Latest Games to Play at Your Next Kitty Party
- 10 One-Minute Indian Kitty Party Games
Have you sent out invitations for your upcoming event? If not, save paper and send free online invitations now.
Looking for a party venue? Browse and book best-suited party venues from VenueLook.com