The wedding is one of the sweetest memories that is caressed, cherished, and remembered for every couple. Some endless rituals and ceremonies set the tone for the actual wedding day and these ceremonies are equally exciting and fun. Two ceremonies that every bride, her friends, and close family members look forward to – mehendi and sangeet ceremony. They make plans to make these ceremonies extra special and unique so that memories of this day are cherished forever. Here, we bring you a few well-curated ideas that can help you kick start these ceremonies making it a fun event for everyone involved.
It is one of the pre-wedding ceremonies where the bride gets henna applied to her hands and feet. It is a function that no one wants to miss. An expert mehendi artist is called to do the needful and the bride sits for hours together getting intricate henna designs applied on her hands and legs. Since this event can be compared with a kind of Bridal shower, a few fun elements can be added to it to make it extra enjoyable.
It is another popular pre-wedding function which is enjoyed by both the bride and the groom’s side to the utmost. Services of professional choreographers are sought, performances are planned and rehearsed. Not only soon to be a wedded couple but their friends and family members also prepare in advance to perform well. These are fun and interesting performances that add a lot of excitement and cheer to the wedding.
How to add more fun to both the ceremonies?
- You can make both ceremonies extra special by extending invites only to close friends and relatives who really close to you.
- While mehendi ceremony is going on, you can plan some fun and interesting games related to the wedding to enjoy loads of laughter and lighter moments.
- Look for mehendi artists who not only apply amazing mehendi on the bride’s hands and legs but are also available for relatives and friends applying mehendi on their hands at a very reasonable cost.
- Keep the menu simple and add a lot of chaats and kebabs to make it interesting. Finger foods go perfectly well for such ceremonies.
- For sangeet ceremony, plan something that is going to be enjoyed by everyone. Parents and relatives can prepare a short skit where they can show the growing up of their kids to the day they have chosen their partners and get married.
- You can have a bride and groom dance performances with each side challenging the other. It is sure to bring a lot of fun and excitement for the ceremony.
- Friends can prepare a well-choreographed dance for their beloved friend.
- Get the entire event photographed by a professional photographer so that you have a lot of memories of this wonderful day to be cherished forever.
- If the weather is good, choose an outdoor venue that will give you a lot of space to plan extravagant performances.
Keeping these tips in mind can help you make mehendi and sangeet ceremony more enjoyable than ever for everyone including the soon to be betrothed couple.
Have you sent out invitations for your upcoming event? If not, save paper and send free online invitations now.
Looking for a wedding venue? Browse and book best-suited venues for wedding functions from VenueLook.com