Gone are the days when a bride had limited options to experiment with her bridal-wear and had to resort to the good-old, ordinary Lehenga to don on her most-special day. Today, there are ample choices you have to customize your wedding attire to your personal taste and liking. Check out some bridal attire options for Indian Summer Weddings –
- First things first, since it’s your wedding, you should choose striking colours like scarlet red, golden, bright pink, orange, etc. for your bridal-wear
- Lay your hands on a velvet, silk, satin or a net Lehenga with crystal or mirror patchwork, having a long trail, to give you a princess-like, special, bridal getup.
- An ‘Anarkali Lehenga’, with its brocade choli stitched along with the long Anarkali top (length as per your choice), having a dabka, zardozi or gota work, never fails to look tastefully beautiful.
- You also have for your consideration, mesmerising Lehengas with Gota-patti borders and lovely tassles tucked at the ends of the accompanying dupatta, in some vibrant colours.
- What’s also quite in vogue these days is Lehenga along with a georgette or net dupatta in contrasting colours like red-orange or orange-pink etc., to give you a unique, stunning appearance.
- Jacket Lehengas also look simply gorgeous when worn at one’s own wedding, pre-wedding or post-wedding ceremonies. The jacket made of either silk or crepe, endowed with royal embellishment can replace the choli or, if you like, you can have a slightly transparent jacket over a short choli that makes it look absolutely elegant and lovely.
For Event Planning Trends
Planning special dresses for wedding functions isn’t important for just the bride, but also for family members, close relatives and other guests attending the function. Here are some ideas you can cash in on to ensure that you look nothing less than perfect at the functions –
For your brother’s wedding:
If it’s your brother’s wedding, you’re surely quite excited. In case, you’ve got married yourself recently, it’s time for you to flaunt your newlywed-style. You can pick an exquisite Lehenga in bright colours like Red, pink or wine and add a tinge of gold to make it shimmer a little. However, if you’re single, avoid red and choose some other eye-pleasing colour instead, that distinguishes you from the crowd. You can go for stylish wedding party-gowns in colours like royal blue, turquoise, strawberry, green, tangerine etc.
For your sister’s wedding:
Wear an Indo-western, layered-gown that’s classy and chic, yet gives you the quintessential Indian look at the wedding. You can also go for a traditional look and pick a heavy, embroidered Lehenga in rich colours like gold, fuchsia, coral etc. as you’d want to stand out as the bride’s sis at the function.
If it’s your son’s or daughter’s wedding:
Of course, you have to look like a mom and a going-to-be mom-in-law, but who says you can’t look a stylish one? Don a sophisticated silk saree or a sober, yet elegant Lehenga to show off your distinguished, mom-style flair. The draping has to be sophisticated, with a stylish and sober hairdo and makeup for the right final look.
When attending as a guest:
Doesn’t matter if it’s not a wedding in your own family, you can still look your best. Choose a heavy Anarkali suit or a light party-gown in an amazing colour and attractive patchwork to look simple yet snazzy.
Be confident, stand tall, chin up and smile!
Looking for a place for wedding ? Browse and book best-suited wedding venues from VenueLook.com