Winter weddings may be a rarity but they are becoming increasingly popular with people all over the world. A winter wedding is a great deal of fun. Of course, you may be wondering if you would have to cut back on the glamour and style in order to be comfortable and warm during the event. Whether you are the bride/groom or a guest, you can still be stylishly attired while keeping yourself warm and cozy without the danger of frostbite!
How to make the most out of a winter wedding
You can be beautiful inside out this winter at your wedding or that of your friend/relative if you just get a little creative and plan ahead. So don’t spend sleepless nights thinking about how you’re going to be shivering through the night while wearing your gorgeous sleeveless gown. Don’t panic at the thought of covering up your beautiful new dress with a cardigan, shawl, or sweater! No, all you need to do is buy smart clothes and accessorize even more smartly and you’re all set to go!
• Buy designer wear with full sleeves, which look trendy and stylish and which will keep you warm at the same time. Almost every major designer today makes such clothes, whether it is saree blouses or anarkali suits or a lehenga. So when you do your trousseau shopping or shopping as a guest, make sure you ask for full sleeve outfits.
• Buy blouses in gorgeous velvet materials for your lehenga or sarees. This will not only keep you warm but is guaranteed to make heads turn when you turn up at the venue!
• Choose to have your blouses designed as jackets or in high neck patterns. This will keep you warm while also making you look like a superstar.
• Layer your clothes with trendy accessories such as shawls or dupattas which look good, keep you warm, and don’t give away the style quotient one bit.
• Get gorgeous jackets that you can pair with your lehengas or even with your sarees. Take a leaf out of our Bollywood fashion divas when they walk the red carpet and see how you can incorporate that look for your wedding or that of your best friend’s wedding. Jackets can be full length or short that are embroidered in elaborate and intricate designs. These will keep all eyes on the jacket and make people even forget that its winter!
• Choose fusion wear, which is a blend of western and ethnic, so you look good and feel warm. These also come in layers (such as pants, top, jacket) while also being wedding wear. The best part is that you can repeat these clothes for parties afterwards too, so its value for money as well!
• Choose clothes that are closed but stylish, as open toes and stilettos will have your toes in bad shape by the end of the party. You can get a whole range of closed-toe shoes in glittery, sequined, beaded glory, so it’s perfect for your outfit.
Winter weddings can be fun and stylish too if you follow these pointers!
Looking for a place for wedding ? Browse and book best-suited wedding venues from VenueLook.com