Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
-Alfred, Lord Tennyson, 1850
A New Year is once again knocking at our door, lets welcome it with open arms and lots of hope.
New Year’s Eve is celebrated on December 31, the last day of the year. New Year is the time to say “Good Bye” to the year gone-by leaving different memories and say “Hello and welcome” to the year ahead with lots of hope and joy. It is celebrated all over the world irrespective of the country, culture and religion. In many countries, people gather on the road, celebrate and countdown until it is 12:00 o’clock at night to welcome the New Year. New Year is the best time for get together, dinner and fun. This is the time to shun all stress and party with great enthusiasm. Bright colors, music and dance floors instantly create a fun ambiance for the party.
Theme parties are the latest fashion when it comes to parties these days. Organizing live concerts on New Year’s eve is common in big cities which are attended by Bollywood/Hollywood stars and other well-known personalities. While some people gather to attend such shows, others prefer to celebrate with their close friends and family members.
How to host an electrifying New Year party
A few suggestions to get started on planning a wonderful New Year’s eve for family and friends.
New Year Invitations
Planning any celebration begins with inviting friends and families to make your party a success. Make sure to invite people much before the due date, as you may end up knowing that they have already committed to some other plan. After making the guest list you would like to invite, decide on a theme and consequently, the dress code! Using your creativity you may design the invitation all by yourself or you might like sending online invitations. Try to make the invitation elegant and colorful having all the detailed information regarding the theme, timings, venue etc.
New Year Greeting Cards
It is customary to greet and wish family and friends a “Happy New Year”. Exchanging greeting cards are a part and parcel of the New Year celebration. Save paper and send e-greetings from websites like pingg.com, punchbowl.com
New Year Wishes to send to family and friends
A New Year is like a blank book. The pen is in your hands. It is your chance again to write a beautiful story for yourself. Happy New Year!
You are a dreamer,
And, you are an achiever,
May you dream and achieve bigger feats,
With every passing year.
All the Best for the New Year.
May light always be around you,
Hope always surround you.
May your wounds fade out,
Heart embraces kindness, love and wisdom.
May smile never leave your lips and a healthy glow stay on your cheeks.
May all your desires come true.
This is my New Year Wish for you.
New Year brings just happiness not tear, Everybody loves only you dear.
All your problems will disappear; it’s my NEW YEAR’S wish especially for you.
New Year Decorations
If you are hosting a New Year party, here are some decoration ideas you may like –
- Traditionally, a New Year party has balloons, disco lights, streamers, glitters, hats, noisemakers etc.
- Don’t overdo decorations – stylish decorations with good lighting effects will help create the right ambiance for your New Year party.
- Candles are always a good idea to style the look of the party area.
- You may place some floating candles as well in a big container / bowl.
- Long-stemmed flowers / bouquets can be placed as centerpieces on dinner tables and used to decorate the entrance or stage.
- A bunch of black, white and silver balloons can add instant drama to the party venue.
- You may want to use props like floral Pom-Poms, Bubble Wrap Runner, Shimmering Streamers and Party Banner as well.
- Hang a large cardboard horseshoe on the door. Horseshoes mean good luck, but they must be hung the right way (i.e. like a cup) or the luck will fall out.
For professional decorations, please feel free to contact VenueLook team by filling this small form.
Have a rocking Playlist for the New Year party
Dancing sets up the tone for the party and if you don’t have a rocking playlist with tracks that suits everybody tastes, all your efforts of having a rocking celebration would end up on nothing.
Menu for New Year’s Party
Dinner, definitely, is an important part of New Year’s celebrations. If you are hosting a New Year’s Eve party, create a delicious celebratory spread for your guests. Ring in the New Year with a mouth-watering selection of gourmet treats and beverages. Apart from having a nice menu for your dinner, you should also give emphasis on cocktails and drinks that should be available till the party ends.
Prepare a menu for New Year’s Eve having delicious dishes that will satisfy your guests’ hunger. Crowd-pleasing and delicious, each dish can become a signature go-to for you in the future. Keep the following steps in your mind-
- Start with the starters. Have some ready-to-serve snacks like popcorns, chips and nachos. You can also arrange something that can easily be speared with toothpick. Other choices could be mixed nuts, platter of veggies with light dip.
- For your dinner course, try herb-roasted Cornish game hens prepared in the oven with garlic-rosemary, mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus on the side. Your meal will be hearty, well-balanced, and full of great flavors. The best way is to organize a buffet system and arrange all the food, cutlery, cups and plates on the table.
- Don’t forget the desserts! The New Year cake should always be served at the end of the dinner. No doubt Chocolates are everyone’s favorite. Special-occasion chocolate cake, cupcakes, holiday English trifles are delicious to serve.
Some popular New Year snacks are –
- Marry cherry fizz
- Chinese Dumplings
- Spring Rolls
- Mini Pizzettas
- Carnivale Bean Dip
If your budget is low and you are worried about food preparation, then leave it and organize a potluck dinner. This is the best way to get every guest involved in the preparation of the party where each guest brings something. But remember to indicate on the invitation that it’s a potluck dinner, and try to have every person tell you beforehand what they plan on bringing to the party.
For Potluck parties, we recommend sending online invitations via sites like Punchbowl, where you can build and share a Potluck list for the party. Guests can pick up dishes to bring and you will know “who is bringing what”.
New Year Party Games
Full Party mood can be set by introducing some exciting and amusing games in between the dancing. Make sure that you involve all your guests in the party games you play. There are lots of games but the famous New Year game is ‘The Resolution Game’! If the game is being played in a small group where all guests know each other, here is how it can be played –
“Everybody writes their New Year’s resolution on a sheet of paper (chit) and drops in the Resolution box. One by one each guest will be asked to pick up one of the chits and guess who wrote the resolution they picked. If they guess it right, they get a chocolate or a prize.”
You may like to try your own creative ways of playing it with your guests
New Year parties are a great way to bring old and new friends together for some great fun time. With some creativity and enthusiasm, you can surely make your New Year celebrations more exciting for everyone.
Looking for a place to party? Browse and book best-suited party places from VenueLook.com
You may also like to read : Christmas Dinner Party Games