Every bride wants to look beautiful on her wedding day, on the days leading up to the wedding and after it too. Of course, taking care of oneself, being relaxed, and having gorgeous makeup, clothes, jewellery, accessories, all contribute to looking one’s best on the wedding day. One of the other things that really go a long way in making a bride look out of this world is the bridal mehendi. With everyone’s eyes on the bride, it is absolutely essential that the bride’s mehendi design be one of a kind. After all, if you’re the bride, no one else should be like you on the wedding day, so you have to have the most original and unique design of all!
What is Mehendi actually?
Putting mehendi on the hands is an ancient tradition that is followed in India. The leaves of the henna plant are crushed into a paste and applied through a special conical instrument on the hands of women. There are many rituals, traditions, and blessings associated with this, some mostly for fun, such as the belief that the darker the mehendi color becomes, the more loving your mother-in-law will be, the more romantic your husband will be, etc! Above all, the mehendi ceremony is an experience of bonding for all the women of the family and one that is enjoyed by all. Another less known reason behind mehendi application is that it has a cooling effect which draws out all the stress and fatigue that a bride-to-be may naturally be feeling in the days running up to the wedding.
What to look for in Mehendi designs?
The best Mehendi designs are those that make the bride look even more beautiful without distracting the viewer from her beauty, which of course should be the focus, not the design per se. At the same time, the designs too should be stunning on their own and not like ones put on anyone else.
Ideas for unique Mehendi designs
1. Radha Krishna on Your Palms Have a design of the evergreen couple – “Krishna and Radha” on your palms.
2. Paisley prints are always in vogue and yet never boring. They can be as ornate or intricate as you desire, with the most miniature ones being on the fingertips and the larger ones, like mango patterns on the palms.
3. Floral prints will always complement your attire, no matter what it is, and they will definitely match with the wedding décor as well which will inevitably have flowers in it.
4. The Raja and Rani print is another version of the romantic couple, with one palm having the Raja motif and the other palm having the Rani motif, so that when both palms are put together, they will be joined together in a cute and sweet way.
5. Peacocks are another most trending and evergreen designs. These are also a symbol of everlasting love.
6. Swirls are a never ending source of creativity as they can be drawn in any number of designs.
7. Colored mehendi designs are the latest trends to give a pop of vibrancy to your palms and feet.
No matter which mehendi design you choose, you can be sure you will stand out with one of these!
8. A Full Wedding Day Sequence Instead of just getting the baraat sequence drawn, brides these days are going extra and opting for the entire wedding sequence for their mehndi design. And trust us it looks amazing on brides. Right from baraat to jai mala, to mandap rituals and finally, the vidaai is being depicted in this design.
9. Add Your Own Mehendi Hashtags Adding the new hashtag trend to your mehndi designs is just a perfect idea. We see couples putting their wedding hashtags in possible element be it the invite or the photo booth, then why should the mehndi be left behind? After all, we know that you must have put in so many efforts in finalizing one for yourself.
10. Add Your Wedding Vows or Quotes This mehndi design is a perfect idea for all the modern brides to be. We know that modern brides want to step ahead with their mehndi designs by getting vows or quotes added to it. It’s not just quite unique but also really adorable, as a form of expression. Like this one says “I won’t give up on you, so don’t give up on me”.
11. Proposal Design Adding the best memory of your relationship to the mehndi design is an amazing idea. How memorable would it be to get your most cherished moment – proposal, drawn on your hands! You can beautify the same with a plethora of motifs around. We are sure this is going to be an aww moment indeed!
12. Bride and Groom Portrait Nowadays, customizing your wedding mehendi are so much in trend these days and the brides prefer to get the caricature of the groom or both. For this mehendi design, you need to hire a professional as making caricatures is a bit difficult task and we are sure you would want the best for your wedding day!
13. Mesh Bridal Mehndi This mehndi design is back in trend! The mesh-like design now comes with a modern twist wherein other details are incorporated within the jaali. There are no significant motifs but more patterns in this design.
14. Personalised Dance Inspired Opt this unique bridal Gujarati mehndi design with the dancing figures of guests rejoicing at your celebrations at the centre of your palm and stunning flowers and leaves adorning the palm of your hands.
15. Asymmetric Designs The beauty of this design is the uniqueness of an asymmetric pattern with vine designs and floral patterns all over the hands. Neither the design on the fingers nor the design on the wrists matches with the rest of the design on the hands.
16. Mandala Design The mandala is a very common design-a large circle that usually serves as a base around which several patterns are drawn. It looks like rays of the sun. The petals are often arranged to create a multi-dimensional look.
For Pre-Wedding and Wedding Planning Services, please visit weddings.venuelook.com
You May Also Like:
- How To Make Your Mehndi Ceremony Memorable
- Hand Mehendi Design Styles For Bride-to-be
- The Fun Way to Kick Start Mehendi and Sangeet Ceremony
- Essentials Of Mehendi Ceremony
- 10 Amazing DIY Ideas to Make Mehendi Decor Cost-Effective
- Interesting Ideas for the Perfect Mehendi Night
- Trending Mehendi e-Invitations to Whatsapp
Have you sent out invitations for your upcoming event? If not, save paper and send free online invitations now.
Looking for a party venue? Browse and book best-suited party venues from VenueLook.com