Life’s packed with Goodbyes!
A farewell is both a joyful and sad moment. We have all participated in one or more farewells – to office colleagues, school seniors, college seniors, a relocating friend or family member. Farewell brings joy; reminisces us of cherished times; is an opportunity to express gratitude towards the journey together; brings tears of happiness; and bears the anxiety of a new beginning.
If you are seeking for a word of honour or an apt phrase to address a dear one’s Farewell, then, yes, you are at the right place. Here we bring a plethora of Farewell Invitation Quotes to be used at the right time with the best intention.
For Event Planning Trends
For venues, vendors and A-Z of your event planning requirements, contact us at Venuelook.com
General Farewell Invitation Quotes
Farewell Invitation Quotes for Coworkers
Funny Farewell Invitation Quotes
Farewell Invitation Quotes For Friends
Farewell Invitation Quotes For Someone You Love
“It’s Not Goodbye” Quotes
1. General Farewell Invitation Quotes
These farewell quotes can be used for any kind of farewell.
- “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” – Semisonic
- “Farewell! God knows when we shall meet again.” – William Shakespeare
- “It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest thing in the world.” – John Green
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, and what you’ve taken for granted.” – Ritu Ghatourey
- “It’s sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life, starts with goodbye.” – Carrie Underwood
- “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr Seuss
- “Goodbyes, they often come in waves.” – Jarod Kintz
2. Farewell Invitation Quotes for Coworkers
These quotes are for your favourite colleague, who is leaving for a new job.
- You are one of the smartest colleagues around. I know you are bound for great things. Farewell Dear!
- Who said you can leave? We’ll have you in our hearts forever.
- Wishing you well on your next adventure. Farewell and Good Luck!
- Thank you for all the support and goodwill you have shown to me over the years. The sweet memories of working with a coworker like you will be hard to forget. Farewell, mate.
- Thanks for all those times when you helped me in the tasks I wasn’t able to do on time. It will be difficult to fill the void created by your absence. I am going to miss you. Best of luck.
- It’s time to move on and scale new heights. But we wish that you don’t forget the old friends who have loved you always.
- Thank you for your help and kindness. I wish you the best of luck and continued success wherever you may find yourself.
- It has been an honour working with a wonderful colleague like you these past years.
3. Funny Farewell Invitation Quotes
If the person for whom you’re throwing the farewell party has a great sense of humour, then, these are the right quotes to use.
- Congratulations on quitting your job without being escorted out of the building.
- “See You Later Alligator.” – Bill Haley and the Comets
- “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go” – Oscar Wilde
- “So long, and thanks for all the fish!” – Douglas Adams
- We are really going to miss trying to avoid you around here.
- I’ll miss you until you come back but I hope you’ll make up for it by getting me awesome gifts. Bon voyage.
- We all wish your resignation gets rejected and your dog eats up your new appointment letter. Farewell to a boss who we don’t want to let go.
4. Farewell Invitation Quotes For Friends
Friends are oh, so important! It is never easy to bid farewell to a friend. Let’s help you with some of the best farewell quotes for your buddy.
- Saying goodbye to you is such a crazy thing! Promise me, this is not the end of everything. I know you will always come to meet me to get some advice and remember it’s not for free! I will miss you, buddy!
- “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” – Robert Southey
- “May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand.” – Irish Blessing
- “You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.” – E.B. White
- “We laughed until we had to cry, we loved right down to our last goodbye, and we were the best.” – St. Elmo’s Fire
5. Farewell Invitation Quotes For Someone You Love
It is the most heartbreaking a moment to say goodbye to the love of your life. We have compiled some of the emotional and meaningful farewell quotes here for you.
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” – A.A. Milne
- “The magic thing about home is that it feels good to leave, and it feels even better to come back.” – Wendy Wunder
- “The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.” – Moira Rogers
- “Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love.” – George Elio
- “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” – Rumi
- “You know it’s love when you have been saying goodbye many a times and yet you’re not ready to leave.” – Unknown
- “The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye until we meet again.” – Jimi Hendrix
6. “It’s Not Goodbye” Farewell Quotes
These farewell quotes are for someone who is going away for a short duration, say for a short trip. Following quotes are perfect for temporary good byes.
- “You and I will meet again, When we’re least expecting it, One day in some far off place, I will recognize your face, I won’t say goodbye my friend, For you and I, will meet again.” – Tom Petty
- “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” – J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)
- “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
- “Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.” – Trey Parker
- “The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.” – Charles Dickens
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “We’ll meet again, Don’t know where, don’t know when, But I know we’ll meet again, Some sunny day.” – Vera Lynn
- “Good friends never say goodbye. They simply say ‘See you soon’.” – Unknown
For A-Z of your event planning requirements, contact us at Venuelook.com
Here are some farewell gift ideas for colleagues.
You May Also Like:
- How to Plan a Perfect Farewell Party!!
- Farewell Party – Dos and Donts
- Wedding Invitation Words: A Guide to Write your Own!
- Bachelor Party Invitation Quotes!!
- Trending Eid E-Invitations to Invite Your Loved Ones
Have you sent out invitations for your upcoming event? If not, save paper and send free online invitations now.
Looking for a party venue? Browse and book best-suited party venues from VenueLook.com