We all know that when we are planning for our wedding, we have certain deadlines for every task to ensure that there is no last minute hassle. It is the best way to stay on top of things because if not completed on time, things are left for the last minute and that can be hectic for everyone. You need to plan which vendors you’d need and ensure that they are booked on time. Things like bridal attire and bridesmaid dresses are also meant to be ordered months in advance, so that you can get enough time for alterations. Without wasting any time, let’s move on to the checklist so that you can start preparing for your upcoming wedding!
First things you need to remember:
- The first thing that should be there on your wedding checklist is finalizing your budget. Decide on how much you are willing to spend on your wedding.
- Start getting ideas from social media like Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube etc. for your wedding attire and decorations.
- Start your research for wedding venues and plan to visit them before you start booking them, so that you will be aware of all the costs, available dates, and facilities. (Search here for best-recommended venues)
- Discuss with your family about financials. Check who all from the family will be willing to help cover the expenses for your wedding.
- Shortlist some dates after you have had a tour of the selected wedding venues.
12 Months to go:
- Start making a guest list with their addresses.
- YAYY!! Finally, the time is here start your shopping for your wedding attire, especially for the bride-to-be because finalizing jewelry and all the other stuff takes time.
- Research about the best photographers with the best packages and book appointments with them to strike a good deal. You will also need them for your pre-wedding shoots.
- Start booking rooms in hotels for your out of town guests. DO NOT forget that the location should be near the wedding venue.
- Finalize your wedding date once you have final details of the venue, photographer and are sure about their availability.
11 Months to go:
- Start planning for your wedding ceremonies decorations. Start searching for proper vendors and connecting with them to finalize the decorations and supplies.
- Book florist and arrange a meeting with them to decide on what types of flowers and colors you will prefer. Take some inspiration from social media.
- This is the correct time to book caterers and select the perfect wedding menu.
10 Months to go:
- Finalize your guest list so you can have an approximate number of guests. Accordingly, you can even arrange the stuff for the guests you’ll be inviting!
- Connect to your relatives and book an priest/officiant. This can be arranged with the help of your holy places or experienced relatives/friends.
- Refer to your friends for booking a DJ or band to have a rocking party at your wedding ceremonies.
9 Months to go:
- Not ordered your Bridal gown or lehenga yet? Then this is the perfect time to do so.
- Search for the best makeup artist in your budget because everyone wants to look flawless on their wedding day. Clear all the details whether they will be coming on-site to provide their service or you have to take a trip to the salon. This is also a perfect time for booking a makeup trial.
- Discuss with your bridal party about their makeup and hairstyles. Discuss with them if they want to get ready using the same makeup artist or would prefer their own. This is a good time to let them know your wedding plans.
8 Months to go:
- Look for suitable accessories like shoes, jewelry, and hair accessories for your wedding attire. And start buying them.
- Decide and finalize with your partner for your honeymoon destination! This is an ideal time to book international trips so there will be no delay in getting the tickets, if you are planning to go somewhere locally then it should be booked about 4 months before your big day.
- If you want your bridesmaids to wear something according to your perception, then coordinate with them and order dresses for them as well.
7-6 Months to go:
- Time has arrived when you can start exploring the internet for your wedding cards and finalize the design to get them printed. Don’t forget to order enough envelopes for the invitations you’re buying.
- Arrange your hair and makeup trial run with your hairstylist and makeup artist. So, you can ensure the look that you require and if you are not satisfied you can tell them even.
- Make sure that your bridesmaid dresses have been ordered.
5 Months to go:
- Make arrangements for any extra rentals that you may require for your wedding ceremonies.
- Check out for any extra DJ sound equipment / ‘Dhol‘ you’ll need.
- If you are planning to have a wedding cake for your wedding then it is time to figure out what kind of cake you want for your reception.
4 Months to go:
- Now time for selecting grooms and groomsman attire. Check out if you have some ideas for your attire to get an ideal attire.
- Start sending out ‘save the date’ cards.
3-2 Months to go:
- Start recollecting and write down your wedding vows.
- Finalize wedding seating arrangements according to the final guest lists.
- Finalize your music playlist with your DJ to avoid any confusion on your wedding day.
- Get your honeymoon plans ensured and all the documents organized.
- Book your pre-bridal spa and beauty treatments.
1 Month to go:
- Time to purchase your wedding bands – must be getting strange feelings but yes it is REAL now!!
- Place an order for sweets (mithai / bhaaji).
- Call the vendors to confirm date, time and address of the venue(s).
- Purchase return gifts for your wedding attendees.
1 Week to go:
Nervous? Well, no need to be, everything will be perfect.
- Complete your advance payments to the vendors. Set aside envelopes for payments after the wedding.
- Start laying out your wedding dresses.
- Confirm arrival time with the vendors.
- Start with your wedding rehearsals.
- Take sessions for manicure/pedicure or massage.
- Most importantly, do not overthink and go to bed at a decent time because no one wants dark circles on their big day.
For wedding planning, please reach out to us at weddings.venuelook.com
You May Also Like:
- Punjabi Wedding and Post-Wedding Traditions
- Punjabi Pre-Wedding Traditions
- Latest Wedding Dresses for Men
- Indian Wedding Games For Couples and Guests
- How to Choose the Perfect Wedding Planner
Have you sent out invitations for your upcoming event? If not, save paper and send free online invitations now.
Looking for a party venue? Browse and book best-suited party venues from VenueLook.com